Saturday 17 September 2011

Getting Started

It as an inauspicious start, a gentle cruise out from work to the deserted A1 Industrial Estate in the north east of the city, legs heavy from the previous nights marathon training run. But that was how the journey began with my newly purchased A-Z in my hand and a mind racing with thoughts of my new project. How long will it take? How many streets will I get tonight? How can I record it? What will I discover on my travels?
Next up was Abbeyhill and her 6 friends in the Holyrood area. A slightly contrived route was needed to get them in the right order but since they were essentially on the way home it wasn't too much hardship to get them all. 
From there it was only a couple of miles detour to head up to Morningside to visit three Abbotsfords (Court, Crescent and Park) - and it was a nice downhill from there to my flat. All told that was a 15-mile run but I visited 11 targets. This is going to be easy!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to mark on a map each street you visit? Or perhaps at least where your work and flat is? Never been to Edinburgh, so I need some guidance on the scale of this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete